April 15, 2009

My Husband's Itallian Wife

I love fashion as much as the next person...maybe more than the average person. I flip through Vogue and gaze at the amazing pieces...I watch the Academy Awards, even though I have often never seen any of the movies, only to see what everyone is wearing. I am amazed at the inspiration behind designers pieces, and am ever intrigued on where they get their ideas from. However, when it really comes down to it, my style icon in not Twiggly or Jackie O.... It is Adriana La Cerva, from the Soprano's. Random? Perhaps, but toss me a matching Juicy tracksuit, allow me to accent with some animal print and gold jewelery, take me to get some acrylics and I'm in heaven.

While some people day dream of living in London or Paris, I really actually often wish I had a Jersey accent and spent my summers on the shore in the house that Mark, who we would call by his middle name, Salvo, bought from his job in the "construction" industry. I would sport a leopard print bikini (under my Juicy tracksuit) , have huge teased hair, wear stiletto heels by the pool, and play cards with my girlfriends. After my long day, I would cook meatballs for dinner, in my Juicy tracksuit (notice the versatility?!). We would drive around in our Cadillac, we would call people "Wise Guys" and Mark would say "Fuggedaboudit" into the wee hours of the night, when I would spend a half hour before bed removing my Adriana style eye makeup.

For now, since I don't want to get off-ed and do not like the idea of my husband having girlfriends, I will stay in Chicago, wearing my Juicy tracksuit that I bought on store credit, slightly unzipped to reveal my leopard print tank top, with my huge blond hair and masses of jewelry, married to my 1/4 Italian husband who makes fantastic meatballs...Hell, if things get crazy, we might even go eat at Gene & Georgetti's.

While "researching" for this blog, I have even discovered I may not be the only one!
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020829/18137__sopranowomen_l.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,345651,00.html&usg=__-tidIIVQ35hcIZQ5RVVFuOP3SmE=&h=270&w=270&sz=20&hl=en&start=234&sig2=2oi_NusxNMAfFhtuaP61_w&tbnid=tIZs2Khki5D6qM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcarmela%2Bsoprano%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D216&ei=GZfmSYr0G9j8nQfDrNGOBw

To all of you true fashionistas...FUGGEDABOUDIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment